1 Cup Arborio Rice
32 Oz GF Chicken Stock
1/2 Large Onion Chopped
1 Celery Stalk Sliced
2 -3 Sliced of Roasted Red Peppers Chopped
2 Mushrooms Sliced
1 Clove Garlic Crushed
4 Tbsp Butter
1 Tsp Fresh Oregano
1 Tsp Fresh Basil
1 Cup Dry White Wine
Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- In a small sauce pan, bring stock to a boil and reduce immediately to low.
- Add onions, mushroom and celery to melted butter and saute until onions just begin to soften.
- Add garlic, and immediately deglaze pan with wine. Let rice absorb almost all of the wine.
- Using a large ladle, add stock, about 1 cup at a time.
- Continue to stir until liquid is absorbed. Adding more stock as needed, about 1 cup at a time.
- Season with fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
- Slice with a knife just down to the pit. Twist the 2 halves opposite each other and separate leaving the pit in one of the halves. Strike the pit with a knife, twist pit, and remove from the avocado.
- Slice avocado in each direction and set aside.
- When you are left with just about a cup of stock, stir in avocado and peppers and remaining liquid. Test risotto to see if tender.
- Continue to stir, and add seasoning if needed, just until a done, but not dry. Risotto should still be creamy.
- If a thicker Risotto is desired, continue to cook until liquid is absorbed.
- Serve Hot and Enjoy!!
The creaminess of the Risotto comes from the starch in the rice. The more you stir, the creamier it is.