Chicken Breast Stuffed with Kale, Roasted Red Peppers, and Baby Swiss
4 Boneless Chicken Breast
1/4 lb GF Baby Swiss Slices (about 4)
1 Handful of Fresh Kale
4 GF Roasted Red Peppers
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Dry Chopped Basil
Salt and Pepper to Taste
GF Garlic Powder and Paprika to Taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice chicken in middle without going all the way through to create a pocket for stuffing.
- Rinse kale thoroughly under cold water and shake dry.
- Lay a slice of cheese on a flat surface and top with kale and peppers. Roll each slice tightly and place inside pocket of chicken.
- Repeat for each breast and tie with cooking string to keep stuffing in breasts.
- Place breasts in casserole and drizzle with olive oil. Season with basil and remaining spices to taste.
- Cover and Bake 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil and leave in an additional 5-6 minutes until chicken is golden brown. I leave the oven door open slightly to be sure it does not over cook.
- Remove from oven and cut strings from breasts.
- Serve with your favorite vegetable and Gluten Free Starch.