1 Large Eggplant
2 Eggs Beaten w 1/4 Cup Milk
1 Cup Italian Seasoned GF Crumbs
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
32 Oz Ricotta
1 Egg Beaten
3 Cloves Garlic Crushed
2 Tbsp Fresh Basil Chopped
1 Tsp Fresh Oregano
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan
Gluten Free Italian Gravy(Sauce)
Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peal eggplant and slice lengthwise to 1/4 inch slices.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Dip slices in egg mixture, and then coat with crumbs.
- Add to heated oil and cook both sides until golden brown.
- Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to let oil drain and eggplants to partially cool down.
- While eggplants partially cool, mix together ricotta, egg, garlic, basil, oregano, parmesan, and 1/2 cup of mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper.
- On a flat surface, top eggplant with cheese and herb mixture and role eggplants from the narrow ends.
- Place in baking pan or casserole, and top with Italian gravy and remaining mozzarella.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Let rest 5 - 10 minutes and serve alone or with your favorite Gluten Free Pasta.