Monday, April 30, 2012

Product Test - Pamela's Classic Vanilla Cake Mix



Pamela's Classic Vanilla Cake Mix


This was our first time trying a G Free cake mix. I decided to use this mix to make a pineapple upside down bundt cake. As per the directions, I made it with one extra egg for a "Lighter Fluffier" cake. I greased a stone bundt pan, covered the bottom with pineapple rings, and maraschino cherries. Then I sprinkled the top of the fruit with dark brown sugar and the prepared cake mix. I did have to add 10 minutes to the timer, but that's not unusual since I was using a stone pan. After cooling slightly, it came out of the pan nicely. 




After letting it cool completely, it was time to taste. This was our first taste of G Free cake, but it was not bad. The cake was however quite dense, which made me wonder what the texture would have been like if were made the standard way as on the package directions. Overall, I have to say that it was quite tasty, and a nice treat when trying to follow a gluten free diet. I just wish it was a little fluffier as the package stated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment